Three months ago I got the chance to visit the beautiful city of Iasi and speak about my favorite topic, cloud computing!
Looking back at DevExperience
DevExperience was a really nice experience and the logistics around it were incredibly, especially considering that this was the first DevExperience ever. My session at DevExperience covered cloud patterns and best practices and was entitled ‘Achieving High Scalability and Security for Your Web, Mobile and API Apps’.
One of the very great things about DevExperience was the emphasis organizers put in networking – they had beers and pizza after the event so attendees were able to come over and ask questions. And if beer doesn’t always sound right, it turned out to be a great chance for some to break the ice – afterwards, I just got more and more questions poring in, regarding Azure, cloud computing, micro-services, Docker and so on and so forth – the pleasure was all mine though, as they’re questions not only showed me passion for technology and Microsoft products (even though the conference focus was hardly on Microsoft-related products), but also that my message was well received and clear.
The session ended with a cloud panel I was part of where I talked with some fellow industry experts on topics such as Micro-services, Docker and Containers in the context of cloud computing.
Read More →
During a Community Engagement in Oradea
Given my less-frequent posts this year, you probably realized by now that it has been quite a busy ride for me and the team. We’re just about to launch two new products (stay tuned!), signed a few sweet deals and kept the great flow going – I’ll keep you updated as I can disclose more stuff; right now, everything is very hush-hush. And yet, I’ve quite the busiest agenda for the upcoming months, community-wise, ever!
Here are some of the public conferences, meetings and user groups which I will attend as a speaker. If you happen to attend any of these, make sure you drop by and say ‘Hi!’. I’d love to chat with you over anything related to Azure, Microsoft, Xamarin, SQL or whatever your favorite topic might be.
Community Engamgement Cvasi-calendar
- March 25th, DevExperience Iasi – I’ll talk about ‘High Scalability and Security for Web, Mobile and API Apps‘ running in Azure and was also invited to be part of a discussion panel about Microservices – guess which Fabric I’ll get to talk about (hint: it start with Service…)
- April 16th, Global Azure Bootcamp Oradea – yet again, Oradea is part of this fabulous global community event and this time it’s going to be bigger and better than ever before. I’m hosting the event in a new location with fellow MVPs who’ll attend as speakers and given this year’s topic, it will be a blast! Stay tuned, if you happen to be in Oradea on April 16th! (link coming up…)
- April 23rd, CodeCamp Iasi – the gang in Iasi is doing it again: 1200+ developers will most likely show up to one of the largest community-driven events for software developers in Romania. My session at CodeCamp Iasi will be about Cloud Patterns and Best-Practices. And if you think I could talk the entire day about this, think again: I could keep on going for months, honestly. Instead, I only have 50 minutes available to cover the best of cloud architecture and thus this session promises to be a lot of fun!
- April 26th-29th, WinDays – hosted by Microsoft Croatia in the beautiful country of… you guessed it: Croatia! I will deliver not one but two sessions at WinDays this year, both related to cloud topics: ‘SQL Database from a Developer’s Perspective‘ and my favourite ‘Know Your Customers, Know Yours Apps!‘
- May 7th, CodeCamp Cluj-Napoca – basically more or less CodeCamp Iasi, but on the other side of the country, for an entirely different group of talented software developers
- May 16th-18th, Microsoft NT Konferenca, in the wonderful country of Slovenia. Again, this is a conference I’m very excited about, especially since my last trip to Slovenia which left me utterly surprised – Slovenia is a great country and exceeded my expectations in absolutely every aspect you could imagine. Here are some (huge) numbers about Microsoft NT Konferenca: 3 days long, 1700+ participants, 10+ one day, trainings, 150+ speaker and a tradition of 21 (yes, 21!) years. You could almost think of this as a mini-Build, European-style. Consider that the event is hosted at the sea-side in a luxurious hotel which also offers a with pool warmed salty water – did you start to search for a plane ticket already? At Microsoft NT Konferenca, I’ll talk about ‘Using Azure for Dev-Test Environments’ and about ‘Knowing Your Customers, Knowing Your Apps’
- I’ve saved the best for last: May 26th-27th, ITCamp Cluj-Napoca. This is the kind of conference which doesn’t need an introduction any more. This year however, given the list of speakers and their background, you’ll get the chance to learn a lot (and I mean A LOT) about security. The agenda is still being put together, so I don’t want to spoil any surprises the organizers are preparing…
So, there’s a lot of community-stuff going on across Europe. And as I happen to be part of some of these events, either as an organizers or as a speaker, it’s my pleasure to declare the conferencing-season OPEN!
See you there 😉