Want to work in a young company with a strong technical focus & experienced software developers on .NET (UWP/WPF), mobile (Xamarin) or Web (MVC/WebAPI) projects? Read on…
KeyTicket Solutions, the company I founded in 2011 and which is based on a 26 years of experience in the ISV industry (thanks to DEC S.R.L.) is hiring! If you want to work on applications you can brag about and stop enhancing someone else’s code, or if you want work with the latest and greatest technology (literally!), this job is for you!
I’m currently looking for developers ready to work with very large deployments and extremely large user bases, based in Europe and the US. The persons I’m looking for are going to write performant web code, desktop apps and mobile apps (we’re looking for more people :-)).
As an undoubtedly bonus, you’ll answer directly to me, the passionate Azure Most Valuable Professional, one of the few MVPs around the world and the only one in Oradea, which is eager to poor great knowledge and tech into your bag.
Role and Responsibilities
I’m currently interested both in a Senior Developer and a Mid- Software Developer. As any of these, you will help design and maintain software applications deployed around the world with a ginormous user base. Therefore, good English-skills are absolutely required.
- Design, develop and modify software web, desktop or mobile modules based on functional and system requirements, using C#
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and Product Owner for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Work closely with the Architecture Team to ensure architectural integrity and product quality.
- Participate in testing process through unit testing and bug fixes
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Participate in sprint planning
- Work closely with the QA team, Product Management team, and the Research and Development manager to ensure quality and punctual software development within his/her responsibilities.
- Passion to learn, study and research is a must!
- Experience with .NET Framework is a requirement!
- Experience with Xamarin, Windows Presentation Foundation or Universal Windows Platform is a plus
- (if you’re disappointed by not having experience with any of the technologies listed at the previous bullet point, don’t be discouraged!) Experience with a .NET Core, ASP.NET Core is a great plus as well 🙂
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to work with various business units to gather requirements and determine optimal business processes.
KeyTicket Solution fosters an energetic work environment of creativity and collaboration.
- At KTS, you’ll work close to the business problems with our spirited leaders and see projects through from beginning to end.
- We’re casual with lots of sneakers and t-shirts (but ties and high heels are okay too, if that’s your thing).
- We have fun employee events-bowling and ping-pong tournaments, cinema nights, and we strive to implement a tradition of year round working together to give back to our community- both locally and globally-in a variety of ways.
- We’re doing only cool stuff. As a rapidly growing company in the cloud application development field, our goal is to be a ten million dollar organization in the next decade. We need savvy developers to get us there. Is that you?
Employees must be able to work on-site at our offices in Oradea, at a 3 minutes’ drive away from down-town.
|Applications Accepted By:
Subject Line: Attention: Dept. HR – Angajare R&D
Attention: Alex Mang, CEO
Str. Rosiorilor nr. 1, 410204 Oradea, Bihor
During a Community Engagement in Oradea
Given my less-frequent posts this year, you probably realized by now that it has been quite a busy ride for me and the team. We’re just about to launch two new products (stay tuned!), signed a few sweet deals and kept the great flow going – I’ll keep you updated as I can disclose more stuff; right now, everything is very hush-hush. And yet, I’ve quite the busiest agenda for the upcoming months, community-wise, ever!
Here are some of the public conferences, meetings and user groups which I will attend as a speaker. If you happen to attend any of these, make sure you drop by and say ‘Hi!’. I’d love to chat with you over anything related to Azure, Microsoft, Xamarin, SQL or whatever your favorite topic might be.
Community Engamgement Cvasi-calendar
- March 25th, DevExperience Iasi – I’ll talk about ‘High Scalability and Security for Web, Mobile and API Apps‘ running in Azure and was also invited to be part of a discussion panel about Microservices – guess which Fabric I’ll get to talk about (hint: it start with Service…)
- April 16th, Global Azure Bootcamp Oradea – yet again, Oradea is part of this fabulous global community event and this time it’s going to be bigger and better than ever before. I’m hosting the event in a new location with fellow MVPs who’ll attend as speakers and given this year’s topic, it will be a blast! Stay tuned, if you happen to be in Oradea on April 16th! (link coming up…)
- April 23rd, CodeCamp Iasi – the gang in Iasi is doing it again: 1200+ developers will most likely show up to one of the largest community-driven events for software developers in Romania. My session at CodeCamp Iasi will be about Cloud Patterns and Best-Practices. And if you think I could talk the entire day about this, think again: I could keep on going for months, honestly. Instead, I only have 50 minutes available to cover the best of cloud architecture and thus this session promises to be a lot of fun!
- April 26th-29th, WinDays – hosted by Microsoft Croatia in the beautiful country of… you guessed it: Croatia! I will deliver not one but two sessions at WinDays this year, both related to cloud topics: ‘SQL Database from a Developer’s Perspective‘ and my favourite ‘Know Your Customers, Know Yours Apps!‘
- May 7th, CodeCamp Cluj-Napoca – basically more or less CodeCamp Iasi, but on the other side of the country, for an entirely different group of talented software developers
- May 16th-18th, Microsoft NT Konferenca, in the wonderful country of Slovenia. Again, this is a conference I’m very excited about, especially since my last trip to Slovenia which left me utterly surprised – Slovenia is a great country and exceeded my expectations in absolutely every aspect you could imagine. Here are some (huge) numbers about Microsoft NT Konferenca: 3 days long, 1700+ participants, 10+ one day, trainings, 150+ speaker and a tradition of 21 (yes, 21!) years. You could almost think of this as a mini-Build, European-style. Consider that the event is hosted at the sea-side in a luxurious hotel which also offers a with pool warmed salty water – did you start to search for a plane ticket already? At Microsoft NT Konferenca, I’ll talk about ‘Using Azure for Dev-Test Environments’ and about ‘Knowing Your Customers, Knowing Your Apps’
- I’ve saved the best for last: May 26th-27th, ITCamp Cluj-Napoca. This is the kind of conference which doesn’t need an introduction any more. This year however, given the list of speakers and their background, you’ll get the chance to learn a lot (and I mean A LOT) about security. The agenda is still being put together, so I don’t want to spoil any surprises the organizers are preparing…
So, there’s a lot of community-stuff going on across Europe. And as I happen to be part of some of these events, either as an organizers or as a speaker, it’s my pleasure to declare the conferencing-season OPEN!
See you there 😉
For the past month I had the opportunity to talk about Azure Search via the Azure DevCamp roadshow put together by the ITCamp community, with the sponsorship of Microsoft. Not only did they put together a great event series, but I also had the chance to meet wonderful people interested in cloud computing across the entire country: Bucharest on February 13th, Oradea on February 20th, Timisoara on the 21st and Cluj-Napoca on the 28th.
Below are my slides (in English) and further down this post is the video recording of my presentation in Cluj-Napoca. For whatever strange reason related to my Surface’s OS going to sleep just before my presentation and not being able to find a particular .dll file part of Newtonsoft’s JSON.NET, one of my demos didn’t run as expected in Cluj-Napoca – even though everything went smooth during the other three events. I’ve also posted a few photos from some of these events in a photo gallery at the end of this post.
If you’re interested in Azure Search, feel free to download the slides and (if you’re OK with Romanian) watch my presentation’s recording.
VIDEO: Add Professional Search Features To Your Apps, Azure DevCamp 2015, Cluj-Napoca
Along with fellow community leaders and speakers and with the support of Microsoft Romania, I’m putting together the first community organized Azure-centric event in Oradea for 2015!
Come and join us at Azure DevCamp Oradea
Part of a series of seven events taking part across the entire country (Bucharest, Oradea, Timisoara, Targu-Mures, Cluj-Napoca, Sibiu, Brasov), Azure DevCamp Oradea is your chance to learn more about the freshly announced services in Azure:
- Azure Search
- Azure as a backend for cross-platoform mobile apps
- BigData in Azure: HDInsights
- Azure for the Enteprise
These sessions will be presented by (in alphabetical order) Ciprian Jichici (Microsoft Regional Director), Alex Mang (Azure Advisor), Mihai Tataran (Microsoft Most Valuable Professional) and Radu Vunvulea (Microsoft Most Valuable Professional).
Azure DevCamp Oradea will take place on the 20th of February, at Hotel Continental Forum (1 Aleea Standului), will start at exactly 16:00 and is completely FREE of charge. However, registration is required prior to the event and can only be done at http://aka.ms/oradea-20-februarie.
Register today, seats are limited!
Read More →
In April of 2013 we held the first Global Windows Azure Bootcamp at more than 90 locations around the globe! This year we want to again offer up a one day deep dive class to help thousands of people get up to speed on developing Cloud Computing Applications for Windows Azure. In addition to this great learning opportunity the hands on labs will feature pooling a huge global compute farm to perform diabetes research!
Today I am proud to announce that I am going to both host and speak at the GWAB 2014 event in Oradea, RO. Here’s the conference link: http://gwabor.azurewebsites.net
See you there!
After attending last year’s ITCamp oganized in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, I was definite that I would attend this year again, even though I will have to leave for Cluj-Napoca on my b-day party (which I absolutely hate, because in the last 6 years, faith made it like that the my b-day would always find in a foreign city or country).
Anyway, back to ITCamp 2013. ITCamp is a developer and sysadmin conference where Microsoft technologies (and related to Microsoft technologies – such as Linux ) are presented by industry experts (technology gurus, MVPs, Microsoft Evangelists, ex-Microsoft employees, technology enthusiasts etc.). On their agenda you will find things like ‘Building Elastic, Autoscalable Solutions with Windows Azure‘, ‘Developing for Windows 8 with F# and WebSharper‘, ‘MVC – Common pitfalls and how to resolve them‘, ‘Transact-SQL from 0 to SQL Server 2012‘, ‘Kinect for Windows – Designing Software for Gesture & Voice Controlled User Interfaces‘ and so many other cool things you might actually be interested in!
Last but definitely not least, Richard Campbell and Tim Huckaby are also among the speakers!
Do google ITCamp or go straight to http://itcamp.ro, check the agenda out and register asap: seats are already filling up